Code Enforcement and Construction Office
Construction Official, Flood Plain Manager
George E. Kauffmann Municipal Building
29 Church Street, Keansburg, NJ 07734
732-787-0215 Ext. 228
Planning Board Secretary, T.A.C.O.
Code Enforcement Officer
The Code Enforcement and Construction Office
Open daily, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Annual Rental Registration is required for each rental unit due and payable on January 1 for a 12 month period. The fees are:
- Less than eight (8) non-owner-occupied rental units: $200 per unit,
- Eight (8) or more non-owner-occupied rental units: $150 per unit,
Late fee of $50.00 per unit will be assessed 30 (thirty) days of its due date.
$110 will entitle the applicant to 2 (two) inspections.
- Third re-inspection: $30 per unit,
- Fourth re-inspection: $40 per unit,
- Fifth re-inspection: $70 per unit,
- Sixth re-inspection: $100 per unit,
VACANT/ABANDONED PROPERTY REGISTRATION:
Annual VACANT / ABANDONED Registration is required for each property due and payable on January 1 for a 12 month period. The fees are:
- Initial registration – $500.00, if not paid within five (5) months $1,000.00;
- First renewal – $1,500.00;
- Second renewal $3,000.00;
- Any subsequent renewal $5,000.00
Construction Office Documents and Links
A checklist of needed applications for various improvement projects
Certificate of Housing Inspection App
The Borough of Keansburg’s Certificate of Housing Inspection Application
Coastal Construction Fact Sheet
Information for building in a coastal area. More flood related information is in the NFIP/FLOOD documents section of the Borough’s website.
New Hours for Construction Office
News about contacting the Construction Office
Site Plan Application Packet
Application Packet for Site Plans
Substantial Damage Improvement Requirements
Procedures for Hurricane Sandy Substantial Damage/Improvement Requirements
The Borough of Keansburg’s Zoning Map
Zoning Application Permit
Application for Zoning Permit