Make Online Payments
Lead Service Line Information

Public Works

Department of Public Works and Recycling
Borough Yard
40 Frazee Place
Keansburg, NJ 07734
732-787-0215 Ext. 450

James DellaPietro, Superintendent of Public Works

Steve Rogan, Supervisor of Streets and Roads
732-787-0215 Ext. 451

Greg McLellan, Recycling Coordinator

Borough Yard Hours of Operation:

Winter Hours:

Monday – Saturday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.


Summer Hours:

Monday – Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.


Recycling Center Hours of Operation:

Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Saturdays – 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.


Residential Solid Waste Collection Schedule is East of Main Street Monday/Thursday-West of Main Street Tuesday/Friday.  Pick Up allotment equals two 33 gallon cans and one bulk item.

Sanitation CAN NOT pick up items such as construction debris, wood, metal, Sheetrock, insulation, etc.

Recycling is town wide every Wednesday.

Frequently Asked Questions

I. What do you accept at the Recycling Center?

We accept many kinds of recyclable items, including bundled newspapers, cardboard and mixed paper, bottles and cans, electronic devices, any type of metal or household appliances.

2. When does my garbage get picked up?

Our garbage contractor, removes regular household garbage curbside twice a week for each residence
(either Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday depending on where you live in town.)

Monday / Thursday Pick Up

All households SOUTH of Church Street

The whole of Church Street

All households EAST of Main Street

Tuesday / Friday Pick Up

All households NORTH of Church St and WEST of Main Street

The whole of Main Street up to Church Street

Each household is allowed TWO 30 gallon cans at a time as long as they do not weigh more than 50 pounds.

3. What does the garbage contractor Pick Up on my recycling Wednesday?

The contractor takes all co-mingled glass and plastic bottles as well as aluminum and tin cans. All plastic must have a “1” or a “2” located on the bottom. They will also take cardboard and mixed paper as long as it is broken down and bundled. Bundles should not exceed 12 inches in height.

DO NOT USE PLASTIC GARBAGE BAGS for recycling.  The Reclaimation Center CAN NOT ACCEPT the plastic garbage bags.

4. How do I get rid of bulk items?

We do NOT accept any bulk trash items at our Recycling Center. However, our garbage contractor will remove one (1) of your bulk items curbside each garbage pick-up day for your neighborhood. This includes furniture. Larger items may need to be cut or broken down.

This does not include construction materials, (i.e. wooden doors, molding, sinks, fencing, commodes, etc.).  Homeowners are required to contact a carting company directly to have these items removed.

The Sanitation Collection Company does NOT accept construction debris.

5. How do I get rid of metals, appliances and electronics?

You may take these items to the Borough Yard, there is a fee for the disposal (except where noted below)

There is a fee for the curbside removal of these items as follows:

6. What type of electronics do you accept?

We accept all kinds of electronic devices for recycling, including but not limited to, televisions, computers, microwaves, air conditioners, cameras, telephones and copiers.

7. What do I do with branches/ brush and leaves?

Leaves and branches are to be put at the curb during the months listed on the Leaf and Branch Pick up schedule. Leaf and Branch Pick Up   PLEASE DO NOT BAG YOUR LEAVES!

8. What if I have too many items to put out for bulk?

You have three options.

You could take your bulk to the Monmouth County Reclamation Center located in Tinton Falls (732-683-8686). They may charge a nominal fee for accepting these items.

You could get a dumpster for which you would need a permit.

You can call an independent carting company for the removal.

Landlords are responsible to contact a Carting Company for rental clean outs. 

9. I have paint cans to dispose of. Do you accept these?

We do NOT accept paint cans unless they are completely dried up. Monmouth County does have a Household Hazardous Waste Facility in Tinton Falls (732-683-8686). They accept many kinds of hazardous waste that we do not accept. Appointments are required.

Options For Paint Cans:

Open the can and let the liquid completely dry out, then you can throw the cans in your regular trash.

Fill the cans with cat litter, this will absorb the liquid and then it can be placed in the regular trash.

Got to the hardware store for a paint hardener, when hardened, it can be placed in the regular trash.

Contact the Household Hazardous Waste Facility in Tinton Falls (732-683-8686)

10. When should I place my items curbside?

Please always place trash bulk and recycling curbside the night before a scheduled pick-up. Our garbage contractor begins work early in the morning and frequently changes their route for many different reasons.

11. How can I get rid of household batteries?

We do NOT accept regular household batteries (AA, AAA. C, D, etc.). These can just be thrown away with your regular household garbage.

If you ever need information regarding trash, bulk or recycling. Please call the Public Works Department at 732-787-0215 ext. 247. We will always do our best to answer all your questions.